WOUND CARE AND GERIATRICS/DEMENTIA IN WOUND CARE
Chairs: Frances Spratt and Hubert Vaugnat
Participants in the key session will:
- Learn about the implementation of strategies within the nursing home setting that results in reduced incidences of pressure damage.
- Be given tips on how to successfully implement the SSKIN bundle within the nursing home setting.
- Learn how relationship development between home staff and TVN facilitated an enhanced learning environment
Wednesday 13 May. 16:45-18:00
- Jan Kottner: Of youth and Age – What are the pathological differences?
- Hubert Vuagnat: The ageing process - How does it impact on tissue repair?
- Christine Moffat: Quality of life and wounds – focused on the older person
- Siobhan Kennelly: Wound care in the older confused adult – what is the best approach?